Wine - Beer - Winemaking - Brewing
Champagne - Zinfandel - Shiraz - Alcohol
An indispensable book for every wine lover, from some of the world's greatest experts. Where do wine grapes come from and how are they related to each other? What is the historical background of each grape variety? Where are they grown? What sort of wines do they make and, most importantly, what do they taste like? Using the most cutting-edge DNA analysis and detailing almost 1,400 distinct grape varieties, as well as myriad correct (and highlighting almost as many incorrect) synonyms, this particularly beautiful book includes revelatory grape family trees, and a rich variety of illustrations from Viala and Vermorel's seminal ampelography with century-old illustrations. Combining Jancis Robinson's world view, nose for good writing and good wines with Julia Harding's expertise and attention to detail plus Dr Vouillamoz's unique level of scholarship, Wine Grapes offers essential and original information in greater depth and breadth than has ever been available before. A book for wine students, wine experts and wine lovers everywhere.
AWARDS Best Wine, Beer and Spirits Book and winner of the Jane Grigson award, IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) Awards 2014 A wine book of the year, 2013, The Times, London Faiveley International Wine Book of the Year 2013, Roederer Awards Best Viticulture Book 2013, OIV Awards Best Drink Book 2012, Fortnum & Mason Food and Drink Awards Best Beverage Book 2012, James Beard Awards Best Drink Book 2012, Andre Simon Awards Hall of Fame for Best Wine Book 2012, Gourmand World Cookbook Awards Best Drinks Book 2012, Wine & Spirits magazine
Now You Too Can Use This Softback Writer's Notebook For The Office Or Home.
Whether you are looking for a diary or daily planner this versatile journal is the perfect fit for your needs. In short, this notebook can be used formally or informally to secure your thoughts or bits of information or detailed notes.
The possibilities are endless
Cover: Soft Cover with Matte-finish
Binding:This notebook is bound securely to the same standard of mass market paperbacks. (Pages cannot be easily removed)
Dimensions: 15.2cm x 22.9cm (6" x 9"). Not pocket sized, yet a perfect fit for your bag.
Interior: There are 110 white ruled quality smooth pages available for you to fill them with your thoughts, delights and experiences. Please note this plain college-ruled journal does not contain any prompts or internal content. Before purchasing, it's advised to use the look inside feature.
Without a doubt, this journal makes a perfect gift for a special friend or relative. Your gifting is not limited to birthdays, holidays and special occasions
But enough from us. Now it's your turn.
Just scroll up, click the buy button now to grab your personal copy of this first-rate notebook today.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, explore San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers San Francisco, San Francisco Bay Area, Marin County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Russian River, Bohemian Highway and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips is perfect for exploring the San Francisco Bay Area in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet California, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more US road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Route 66 andPacific Coast Highways and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to California, New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's Best Road Trips' with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, and Provence & Southeast France and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland for some European road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Online Beer and Wine Specials Articles
Online Beer and Wine Specials Books